Blog: Flights Scotched but the blog goes on
Chris Brook-Carter | 20 April 2010
Well, you couldn't do this on an aeroplane. Here I am on the train up to Glasgow for this year's World Whiskies Conference, writing up a pre-show blog. The wonders of technology and Iceland's geology are bringing me to you live from the Northumbria countryside. That said, the wonders of Iceland's geology also means I have missed the first day of the Conference - I'll be there in time for the drinks reception, thank goodness - so you'll only be getting coverage from day two this year, I'm afraid.
The good news is that the second day will include my own presentation on the state of the Scotch whisky industry, in particular the results of a survey we sent out to thousands of our whisky readers to gauge the level of confidence going into this year of recovery.
There were some very interesting results and I don't think it gives the game away too much ahead of tomorrow to say that, compared to many of the other sectors around the industry, confidence is high. But there are some interesting and potentially contentious results concerning the future direction of Scotch marketing too.
So, sorry if you were at the WWC today and expecting to see me, I'll be there in an hour if you can hang on. If not, I hope to catch up tomorrow. For those of you not there but hoping for updates, check back on the site at regular intervals tomorrow for any news or gossip that breaks.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research