Blog: Flights Scotched but the blog goes on
Chris Brook-Carter | 20 April 2010
Well, you couldn't do this on an aeroplane. Here I am on the train up to Glasgow for this year's World Whiskies Conference, writing up a pre-show blog. The wonders of technology and Iceland's geology are bringing me to you live from the Northumbria countryside. That said, the wonders of Iceland's geology also means I have missed the first day of the Conference - I'll be there in time for the drinks reception, thank goodness - so you'll only be getting coverage from day two this year, I'm afraid.
The good news is that the second day will include my own presentation on the state of the Scotch whisky industry, in particular the results of a survey we sent out to thousands of our whisky readers to gauge the level of confidence going into this year of recovery.
There were some very interesting results and I don't think it gives the game away too much ahead of tomorrow to say that, compared to many of the other sectors around the industry, confidence is high. But there are some interesting and potentially contentious results concerning the future direction of Scotch marketing too.
So, sorry if you were at the WWC today and expecting to see me, I'll be there in an hour if you can hang on. If not, I hope to catch up tomorrow. For those of you not there but hoping for updates, check back on the site at regular intervals tomorrow for any news or gossip that breaks.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research