Blog: Fish stew and a glass of collagen please....
Michelle Russell | 19 October 2010
While women in Europe and the US are more than happy to pay a visit to their cosmetic surgeon for an injection of collagen for plumper lips or smoother skin, it seems ladies in China have found an alternative method for taking the protein – in a drink.
Yes that's right...in China, collagen is for women who believe facelifts and Botox are just not enough.
Collagen-enhanced drinks have gone on sale through cosmetics firm DHC China, which claims that sipping the product every night before sleep will achieve an improvement in the texture of skin after ten days, according to a report in the UK's Guardian newspaper this week.
The fish collagen produces a pale yellow juice-like drink that is said to suprisingly taste "a little sweet, a little sour, but certainly not of seafood", said the firm.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages