Blog: Fish stew and a glass of collagen please....
Michelle Russell | 19 October 2010
While women in Europe and the US are more than happy to pay a visit to their cosmetic surgeon for an injection of collagen for plumper lips or smoother skin, it seems ladies in China have found an alternative method for taking the protein – in a drink.
Yes that's right...in China, collagen is for women who believe facelifts and Botox are just not enough.
Collagen-enhanced drinks have gone on sale through cosmetics firm DHC China, which claims that sipping the product every night before sleep will achieve an improvement in the texture of skin after ten days, according to a report in the UK's Guardian newspaper this week.
The fish collagen produces a pale yellow juice-like drink that is said to suprisingly taste "a little sweet, a little sour, but certainly not of seafood", said the firm.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits