Blog: Fish stew and a glass of collagen please....
Michelle Russell | 19 October 2010
While women in Europe and the US are more than happy to pay a visit to their cosmetic surgeon for an injection of collagen for plumper lips or smoother skin, it seems ladies in China have found an alternative method for taking the protein – in a drink.
Yes that's right...in China, collagen is for women who believe facelifts and Botox are just not enough.
Collagen-enhanced drinks have gone on sale through cosmetics firm DHC China, which claims that sipping the product every night before sleep will achieve an improvement in the texture of skin after ten days, according to a report in the UK's Guardian newspaper this week.
The fish collagen produces a pale yellow juice-like drink that is said to suprisingly taste "a little sweet, a little sour, but certainly not of seafood", said the firm.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions