Blog: Fish stew and a glass of collagen please....
Michelle Russell | 19 October 2010
While women in Europe and the US are more than happy to pay a visit to their cosmetic surgeon for an injection of collagen for plumper lips or smoother skin, it seems ladies in China have found an alternative method for taking the protein – in a drink.
Yes that's right...in China, collagen is for women who believe facelifts and Botox are just not enough.
Collagen-enhanced drinks have gone on sale through cosmetics firm DHC China, which claims that sipping the product every night before sleep will achieve an improvement in the texture of skin after ten days, according to a report in the UK's Guardian newspaper this week.
The fish collagen produces a pale yellow juice-like drink that is said to suprisingly taste "a little sweet, a little sour, but certainly not of seafood", said the firm.
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets