Blog: Fish stew and a glass of collagen please....
Michelle Russell | 19 October 2010
While women in Europe and the US are more than happy to pay a visit to their cosmetic surgeon for an injection of collagen for plumper lips or smoother skin, it seems ladies in China have found an alternative method for taking the protein – in a drink.
Yes that's right...in China, collagen is for women who believe facelifts and Botox are just not enough.
Collagen-enhanced drinks have gone on sale through cosmetics firm DHC China, which claims that sipping the product every night before sleep will achieve an improvement in the texture of skin after ten days, according to a report in the UK's Guardian newspaper this week.
The fish collagen produces a pale yellow juice-like drink that is said to suprisingly taste "a little sweet, a little sour, but certainly not of seafood", said the firm.
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
It is with great sadness that I announce that just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, will be leaving us next month....
It was a throwaway aside in a conversation about marketing spend....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head