Blog: Fifth of May, don't drink, okay?
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 April 2004
Activists are pushing for Hispanics to boycott Budweiser during this year’s Cinco de Mayo celebrations. The group May 5 With Pride has accused Anheuser Busch of using the occasion to promote alcohol consumption, thereby dishonouring Hispanic culture.
“With their publicity, they want to make us look like drunkards, and use the celebration of our Mexican fiesta as a day for getting drunk,” a spokesman for the group said. The activists want AB to stop using the festival in its publicity campaign.
“To suggest that people of a specific racial group should be protected from certain types of publicity is elitist and condescending and an insult,” AB countered.
Watch this space for any Irish complaints about Guinness’ links with St Patrick’s Day celebrations – just don’t hold your breath.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages