Blog: Fifth of May, don't drink, okay?
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 April 2004
Activists are pushing for Hispanics to boycott Budweiser during this year’s Cinco de Mayo celebrations. The group May 5 With Pride has accused Anheuser Busch of using the occasion to promote alcohol consumption, thereby dishonouring Hispanic culture.
“With their publicity, they want to make us look like drunkards, and use the celebration of our Mexican fiesta as a day for getting drunk,” a spokesman for the group said. The activists want AB to stop using the festival in its publicity campaign.
“To suggest that people of a specific racial group should be protected from certain types of publicity is elitist and condescending and an insult,” AB countered.
Watch this space for any Irish complaints about Guinness’ links with St Patrick’s Day celebrations – just don’t hold your breath.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends