Blog: Fifth of May, don't drink, okay?
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 April 2004
Activists are pushing for Hispanics to boycott Budweiser during this year’s Cinco de Mayo celebrations. The group May 5 With Pride has accused Anheuser Busch of using the occasion to promote alcohol consumption, thereby dishonouring Hispanic culture.
“With their publicity, they want to make us look like drunkards, and use the celebration of our Mexican fiesta as a day for getting drunk,” a spokesman for the group said. The activists want AB to stop using the festival in its publicity campaign.
“To suggest that people of a specific racial group should be protected from certain types of publicity is elitist and condescending and an insult,” AB countered.
Watch this space for any Irish complaints about Guinness’ links with St Patrick’s Day celebrations – just don’t hold your breath.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research