Blog: FIFA does not own the colour orange
Chris Mercer | 15 June 2010
An off-field spat has erupted between FIFA, Dutch brewer Bavaria and 30 blonde women in orange mini-dresses.
Reports out of South Africa say that the 30 blondes, who were all wearing bright orange mini-dresses, were evicted from the stadium prior to the Netherlands v Denmark World Cup game yesterday (14 June).
Apparently, the outfits featured in an advert campaign currently running for Bavaria and FIFA took exception to this alleged "ambush marketing". The women were reportedly arrested.
Bavaria has reacted angrily to the move, saying that "FIFA don't have a monopoly over orange".
The world football body has an exclusive sponsorship deal with Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser.
So strict is this deal, that rival brewer SABMiller has been forced to sell its Castle lager in unmarked cans at FIFA "fan sites" across South Africa.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits