Blog: FIFA does not own the colour orange
Chris Mercer | 15 June 2010
An off-field spat has erupted between FIFA, Dutch brewer Bavaria and 30 blonde women in orange mini-dresses.
Reports out of South Africa say that the 30 blondes, who were all wearing bright orange mini-dresses, were evicted from the stadium prior to the Netherlands v Denmark World Cup game yesterday (14 June).
Apparently, the outfits featured in an advert campaign currently running for Bavaria and FIFA took exception to this alleged "ambush marketing". The women were reportedly arrested.
Bavaria has reacted angrily to the move, saying that "FIFA don't have a monopoly over orange".
The world football body has an exclusive sponsorship deal with Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser.
So strict is this deal, that rival brewer SABMiller has been forced to sell its Castle lager in unmarked cans at FIFA "fan sites" across South Africa.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends