Blog: Fat Lady Clears Throat Exclusive!
Chris Brook-Carter | 17 June 2005
So, that’s that then, isn’t it? The announcement early this morning that Constellation and Brown-Forman’s consortium are not going to make a bid for Allied Domecq means the adventure’s over. Right?
Many observers felt that the fatal blow came early last week, when Diageo hopped off the fence and fell into Pernod Ricard’s embrace. The two companies, along with Fortune, can now start the Allied carve-up whenever they want. Right?
The fat lady might be stepping up to the mark, certainly, but it ain’t over yet. The UK Panel on Takeovers and Mergers had ruled last month that the consortium had until 29 June to announce its intentions.
As one Diageo source told just-drinks today: “There’s still time.”
Squeaky bum time, as one football manager called it, perhaps?
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends