Blog: Fat Lady Clears Throat Exclusive!
Chris Brook-Carter | 17 June 2005
So, that’s that then, isn’t it? The announcement early this morning that Constellation and Brown-Forman’s consortium are not going to make a bid for Allied Domecq means the adventure’s over. Right?
Many observers felt that the fatal blow came early last week, when Diageo hopped off the fence and fell into Pernod Ricard’s embrace. The two companies, along with Fortune, can now start the Allied carve-up whenever they want. Right?
The fat lady might be stepping up to the mark, certainly, but it ain’t over yet. The UK Panel on Takeovers and Mergers had ruled last month that the consortium had until 29 June to announce its intentions.
As one Diageo source told just-drinks today: “There’s still time.”
Squeaky bum time, as one football manager called it, perhaps?
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends