Blog: Fancy a marathon session?
Olly Wehring | 8 August 2014
Some readers will remember back in April that I ran the London Marathon. Those are the readers that I pestered for sponsorship, of course.
Even before I'd started the run (4hrs 38m, if you must know), I'd already decided that it'd be my first and last marathon. That said, I'm sorely tempted to come out retirement for this, the Riga Beer Marathon.
Taking place next weekend in the Latvian capital, the marathon offers runners "a possibility to visit 30 beer bars".
"Unlike other marathons," the site reveals, "there will be a possibility to use public transport."
Now, that's the kind of marathon I can get (back) on-board with
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages