Blog: Fancy a marathon session?
Olly Wehring | 8 August 2014
Some readers will remember back in April that I ran the London Marathon. Those are the readers that I pestered for sponsorship, of course.
Even before I'd started the run (4hrs 38m, if you must know), I'd already decided that it'd be my first and last marathon. That said, I'm sorely tempted to come out retirement for this, the Riga Beer Marathon.
Taking place next weekend in the Latvian capital, the marathon offers runners "a possibility to visit 30 beer bars".
"Unlike other marathons," the site reveals, "there will be a possibility to use public transport."
Now, that's the kind of marathon I can get (back) on-board with
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Last week, E&J Gallo Winery increased its presence in its home state of California, when it lined up the acquisition of Stagecoach Vineyard in Napa Valley....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets