Blog: Fancy a marathon session?
Olly Wehring | 8 August 2014
Some readers will remember back in April that I ran the London Marathon. Those are the readers that I pestered for sponsorship, of course.
Even before I'd started the run (4hrs 38m, if you must know), I'd already decided that it'd be my first and last marathon. That said, I'm sorely tempted to come out retirement for this, the Riga Beer Marathon.
Taking place next weekend in the Latvian capital, the marathon offers runners "a possibility to visit 30 beer bars".
"Unlike other marathons," the site reveals, "there will be a possibility to use public transport."
Now, that's the kind of marathon I can get (back) on-board with
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne