Blog: Fancy a marathon session?
Olly Wehring | 8 August 2014
Some readers will remember back in April that I ran the London Marathon. Those are the readers that I pestered for sponsorship, of course.
Even before I'd started the run (4hrs 38m, if you must know), I'd already decided that it'd be my first and last marathon. That said, I'm sorely tempted to come out retirement for this, the Riga Beer Marathon.
Taking place next weekend in the Latvian capital, the marathon offers runners "a possibility to visit 30 beer bars".
"Unlike other marathons," the site reveals, "there will be a possibility to use public transport."
Now, that's the kind of marathon I can get (back) on-board with
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
French wine company Bouvet Ladubay has returned to family control following Diageo's decision to withdraw from the category....
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015