Blog: "Fake" Sprite sex ad banned
Olly Wehring | 24 July 2009
Youtube has hastily pulled an unofficial advert for Sprite, in which a girl quenches her thirst with the Coca-Cola Co soft drink after supposedly performing oral sex.
Made in Germany, the ad depicts a naked girl performing what appears to be oral sex on a man. She stops to get a Sprite, and the ad cuts to a shot of her sucking a Sprite bottle until it explodes over her face.
The fake advert was reportedly produced at the home of MTV director Max Issacson.
Sprite owner The Coca-Cola Co. has maintained it had nothing to do with the ad. Youtube pulled the advert this week, following a "third party" request.
A quick trawl of the Interweb - for professional reasons, of course - resulted in us finding the offending item. Should you do the same, make sure the kids are in bed first. If you're easily offended, don't say you weren't warned!
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends