Blog: "Fake" Sprite sex ad banned
Olly Wehring | 24 July 2009
Youtube has hastily pulled an unofficial advert for Sprite, in which a girl quenches her thirst with the Coca-Cola Co soft drink after supposedly performing oral sex.
Made in Germany, the ad depicts a naked girl performing what appears to be oral sex on a man. She stops to get a Sprite, and the ad cuts to a shot of her sucking a Sprite bottle until it explodes over her face.
The fake advert was reportedly produced at the home of MTV director Max Issacson.
Sprite owner The Coca-Cola Co. has maintained it had nothing to do with the ad. Youtube pulled the advert this week, following a "third party" request.
A quick trawl of the Interweb - for professional reasons, of course - resulted in us finding the offending item. Should you do the same, make sure the kids are in bed first. If you're easily offended, don't say you weren't warned!
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends