Blog: "Fake" Sprite sex ad banned
Olly Wehring | 24 July 2009
Youtube has hastily pulled an unofficial advert for Sprite, in which a girl quenches her thirst with the Coca-Cola Co soft drink after supposedly performing oral sex.
Made in Germany, the ad depicts a naked girl performing what appears to be oral sex on a man. She stops to get a Sprite, and the ad cuts to a shot of her sucking a Sprite bottle until it explodes over her face.
The fake advert was reportedly produced at the home of MTV director Max Issacson.
Sprite owner The Coca-Cola Co. has maintained it had nothing to do with the ad. Youtube pulled the advert this week, following a "third party" request.
A quick trawl of the Interweb - for professional reasons, of course - resulted in us finding the offending item. Should you do the same, make sure the kids are in bed first. If you're easily offended, don't say you weren't warned!
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends