Blog: FAB news
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 September 2003
As most of you will have seen from the news on Wednesday, the FTC declared that it had found no evidence that flavoured malt beverages (FMBs), also known as malternatives, are being intentionally targeted at minors through products, packaging, or advertising.
It also said that self-regulation practices in the alcohol industry had shown improvement since issuance of the 1999 report. Despite this improvement and positive endorsement, the industry in the US has now agreed that in the area of ad placement it will now strive for a 70% adult media audience.
This is a bold target, and although the anti-drinks lobby is a different, altogether more ferocious, animal in the US, one wonders whether it will put pressure on UK advertisers to follow suit. The FTC has clearly been impressed by the lead taken in the US by the industry in this issue, which may well have helped shape the positive tone of the report.
With the UK government ever closer to publishing its draft document on alcohol policy, the UK industry should take note.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research