Chris Brook-Carter | 22 October 2003
"I'm very bearish on Europe. I have always had a concern that if you introduced a single currency and removed two of the three economic levers - interest rates and exchange rates - leaving only fiscal rates to manage [individual countries'] economies there would be a considerable amount of pain," Bowman said.
It may make an interesting exercise to conduct something of an old-fashioned "vox pop" on the back of this statement, so we can get some idea of the trade's general perception of the euro. If the responses are interesting enough, we'll publish them as a feature next week. So send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review