Blog: Enough of the Fluff - #1 in an unending series
Olly Wehring | 15 September 2008
You may remember a blog entry on just-drinks last month highlighting the high levels of 'fluffiness' we have to wade through of occasion to get to the news you really want to hear. Press releases these days appear to be burying the actual reason for their existence under layer upon layer of niceness.
So, in a (probably vain) attempt to shame some companies into skipping to the end, we proudly bring you ' Enough of the Fluff', where we highlight the guiltiest parties...
"Primarily, the menus helped to drive Bacardi Superior Rum’s core mixability message – that Bacardi Superior Rum is an incredibly versatile rum and tastes great when mixed with orange juice, cranberry juice or ginger ale over ice and garnished with a lime wedge."
"Beringer brand manager Lucy Zorina said the work sets a new benchmark for creativity in this market: “There is very little big brand thinking on display in wine advertising, and this is the best creative I have ever seen in the marketplace. Stone Cellars is a truly superb range of wines which deserves superior strategic marketing insight and creative work – and we think we have achieved that.”
"The introduction of Wall E Ice Bops precedes the DVD release of Disney Pixar’s “Wall E”, an endearing robot space adventure filled with humor, action and lots of heart."
Consider yourselves warned!
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020