Blog: Enough of the Fluff - #1 in an unending series
Olly Wehring | 15 September 2008
You may remember a blog entry on just-drinks last month highlighting the high levels of 'fluffiness' we have to wade through of occasion to get to the news you really want to hear. Press releases these days appear to be burying the actual reason for their existence under layer upon layer of niceness.
So, in a (probably vain) attempt to shame some companies into skipping to the end, we proudly bring you ' Enough of the Fluff', where we highlight the guiltiest parties...
"Primarily, the menus helped to drive Bacardi Superior Rum’s core mixability message – that Bacardi Superior Rum is an incredibly versatile rum and tastes great when mixed with orange juice, cranberry juice or ginger ale over ice and garnished with a lime wedge."
"Beringer brand manager Lucy Zorina said the work sets a new benchmark for creativity in this market: “There is very little big brand thinking on display in wine advertising, and this is the best creative I have ever seen in the marketplace. Stone Cellars is a truly superb range of wines which deserves superior strategic marketing insight and creative work – and we think we have achieved that.”
"The introduction of Wall E Ice Bops precedes the DVD release of Disney Pixar’s “Wall E”, an endearing robot space adventure filled with humor, action and lots of heart."
Consider yourselves warned!
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends