Blog: Enough of the Fluff - #1 in an unending series
Olly Wehring | 15 September 2008
You may remember a blog entry on just-drinks last month highlighting the high levels of 'fluffiness' we have to wade through of occasion to get to the news you really want to hear. Press releases these days appear to be burying the actual reason for their existence under layer upon layer of niceness.
So, in a (probably vain) attempt to shame some companies into skipping to the end, we proudly bring you ' Enough of the Fluff', where we highlight the guiltiest parties...
"Primarily, the menus helped to drive Bacardi Superior Rum’s core mixability message – that Bacardi Superior Rum is an incredibly versatile rum and tastes great when mixed with orange juice, cranberry juice or ginger ale over ice and garnished with a lime wedge."
"Beringer brand manager Lucy Zorina said the work sets a new benchmark for creativity in this market: “There is very little big brand thinking on display in wine advertising, and this is the best creative I have ever seen in the marketplace. Stone Cellars is a truly superb range of wines which deserves superior strategic marketing insight and creative work – and we think we have achieved that.”
"The introduction of Wall E Ice Bops precedes the DVD release of Disney Pixar’s “Wall E”, an endearing robot space adventure filled with humor, action and lots of heart."
Consider yourselves warned!
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends