Blog: Enough of the Fluff - #1 in an unending series
Olly Wehring | 15 September 2008
You may remember a blog entry on just-drinks last month highlighting the high levels of 'fluffiness' we have to wade through of occasion to get to the news you really want to hear. Press releases these days appear to be burying the actual reason for their existence under layer upon layer of niceness.
So, in a (probably vain) attempt to shame some companies into skipping to the end, we proudly bring you ' Enough of the Fluff', where we highlight the guiltiest parties...
"Primarily, the menus helped to drive Bacardi Superior Rum’s core mixability message – that Bacardi Superior Rum is an incredibly versatile rum and tastes great when mixed with orange juice, cranberry juice or ginger ale over ice and garnished with a lime wedge."
"Beringer brand manager Lucy Zorina said the work sets a new benchmark for creativity in this market: “There is very little big brand thinking on display in wine advertising, and this is the best creative I have ever seen in the marketplace. Stone Cellars is a truly superb range of wines which deserves superior strategic marketing insight and creative work – and we think we have achieved that.”
"The introduction of Wall E Ice Bops precedes the DVD release of Disney Pixar’s “Wall E”, an endearing robot space adventure filled with humor, action and lots of heart."
Consider yourselves warned!
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends