Blog: Eau de Stella? XXXX? Kronenbourg?
Olly Wehring | 31 May 2006
I went to a concert in London-town last night. In a room full of over-exuberant punters, most (if not all) of which were south of me in age, no matter how hard I tried to stay out of the melee, I couldn’t help coming home smelling rather pungently of beer.
Upon my return home, the lady was, obviously, none too impressed. But help, for me at least, may be at hand.
A scientist in Scotland has created a whisky-scented perfume. George Dodds, a biochemist from the Highlands, has named the scent ‘Spirit of Scotland,’ and expects to launch it later this year at a price of around GBP75 (US$140) per bottle.
The perfume, which has taken three years to develop, uses special ingredients to recreate the smoky, peaty scent of a wee dram.
I’m about to email Mr Dodds with a blueprint for my ‘beer-scented’ Cologne. If I can first convince the lady that my stench is a sign of sophistication, that is.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research