Blog: Drinktec 2009 - kein' probleme
Olly Wehring | 18 September 2009
Our time here at this year's Drinktec exhibition is fast drawing to a close. just-drinks has spent the past week traipsing the halls of the New Munich Trade Fair Centre, and is soon set to head off to sample the delights of this fine city's fabled Oktoberfest, which opens tomorrow.
While much is often made of the size of this four-yearly event (yes, it's very, very large – get over it), what has been most prevalent this week has been the air of optimism amongst the majority of exhibitors. “The current climate presents us with more opportunities than it does problems” is a mantra we've oft heard this week. These words have proved reassuring after the well-documented travails of many in the past year, and for that we shold all be hopeful.
Whilst this event does not provide quite as much colour as, say, the London International Wine Fair, this is the real grass roots of our industry, and a field without which none of us would be here. It is also clear that many of the attendees know how to have a good time just as much as those that work for the drinks producers.
With many stand parties in the halls going on in to the early hours of the mornings, this event is a test of both legs and livers. And ears, if rumours of a Bavarian folk band playing Status Quo covers until all hours are to be believed.
We've had a most productive time here, having met many new faces and made many new friends.
We'll see you all again in Munich in 2013.
Unless you're in a beer tent in central Munich tomorrow lunchtime.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research