Olly Wehring | 13 December 2012
If you don't follow just-drinks on Twitter, then you're missing out on so much. Here's one pretty lame example, a Drinks Industry Christmas Carols thread we riffed on earlier this week.
So, from @robster38, the first #drinksindustryxmascarols - I'm Dreaming of a Whyte (& Mackay) Xmas
@bee_anchor: I'm dreaming of a Wort Christmas
@richardwoodard: Ding Dom Pérignon on Hine
@angelinebayly: Once in Royal Salute City
@chrstrdvdssn: Laddie snow, laddie snow, laddie snow!
@joeldram: Jinro Come All Ye Faithful
@richardwoodard: Highland Park the Herald Angels Sing
@joeldram: I Saw Mumm Kissing Santa Claus
@ollywehring: O, Campari Faithful
@Bee_anchor: Santa Baby(cham)
@Bee_anchor: Rolling Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
@ollywehring: While Shepherds Downed Their Shots at Night
@melissacole: It's a Most Wonderful Time of the Beer
@markreynier: The Bolly and the Ivy
@ollywehring: Away in Taittinger
@Britner: Diageo come all ye faithful
@joeldram: Deck The Echo Falls
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"