Blog: Drinks advertising - 42 Below's tongue still firmly in cheek
Olly Wehring | 31 January 2007
Alcohol advertising has been a delicate subject for quite some time now. How many stories have we run in the last 12 months of drinks companies getting their wrists slapped by advertising watchdogs?
It’s refreshing to see, however, that some ads out there aren’t sacrificing good humour for staying within guidelines. For example, 42 Below Vodka, the New Zealand company which Bacardi snapped up last year, has always been pretty irreverent in its public guise - here’s proof, were it needed.
Mind you, even liberal-minded li’l old me wonders what the just-drinks readers will make of this advert of their’s (which is most certainly NOT office-friendly, I feel).
Your comments, as always, are much appreciated. But please, keep them clean.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research