Blog: Drinks advertising - 42 Below's tongue still firmly in cheek
Olly Wehring | 31 January 2007
Alcohol advertising has been a delicate subject for quite some time now. How many stories have we run in the last 12 months of drinks companies getting their wrists slapped by advertising watchdogs?
It’s refreshing to see, however, that some ads out there aren’t sacrificing good humour for staying within guidelines. For example, 42 Below Vodka, the New Zealand company which Bacardi snapped up last year, has always been pretty irreverent in its public guise - here’s proof, were it needed.
Mind you, even liberal-minded li’l old me wonders what the just-drinks readers will make of this advert of their’s (which is most certainly NOT office-friendly, I feel).
Your comments, as always, are much appreciated. But please, keep them clean.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research