Blog: Drinks advertising - 42 Below's tongue still firmly in cheek
Olly Wehring | 31 January 2007
Alcohol advertising has been a delicate subject for quite some time now. How many stories have we run in the last 12 months of drinks companies getting their wrists slapped by advertising watchdogs?
It’s refreshing to see, however, that some ads out there aren’t sacrificing good humour for staying within guidelines. For example, 42 Below Vodka, the New Zealand company which Bacardi snapped up last year, has always been pretty irreverent in its public guise - here’s proof, were it needed.
Mind you, even liberal-minded li’l old me wonders what the just-drinks readers will make of this advert of their’s (which is most certainly NOT office-friendly, I feel).
Your comments, as always, are much appreciated. But please, keep them clean.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research