Blog: Drinking - the answer to EVERYTHING
Olly Wehring | 7 October 2008
If you had purchased GBP1,000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth GBP4.95.
With HBOS, earlier this week your GBP1,000 would have been worth GBP16.50.
GBP1,000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than GBP5.
But, if you had spent GBP1,000 on cans of beer one year ago, drank them all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium recycling plant, you would get GBP214.
A sign of the tough economic times we're all experiencing, or an indication of just how recession-proof the drinks industry is? You decide.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends