Blog: Down and out in ... well, just London
Olly Wehring | 5 June 2008
Despite the jet-setting coming to an end – Brazil and Russia sandwiching the London International Wine Fair last month – we've still managed to keep ourselves in trouble with plenty of fun on the home front.
Last week, we were on a wet and windy boat on the Thames in London, to witness the launch of Carlsberg's Draughtmaster Professional System in the UK.
This week, we've already had a marvellous dinner, courtesy of Pernod Ricard, to celebrate the UK release of the Jameson Premium Collection, as well as a bellyfull of free beer courtesy of Cobra who unveiled their latest UK-wide advertising campaign (on the same day, peculiarly, that just-drinks discovered how the company has been performing of late.
The award for swankiest do of the week, however, has to go to Martini, who celebrated the UK release of Martini Rosato with a plush party, hosted by the pretty hot Natalie Imbruglia, at Kensington Roof Gardens last night.
Thanks, then, go out to the folk at Carlsberg (where's my Liverpool season ticket? Eh?), Jameson (sorry we broke both bowling lanes), Cobra (I want a ride in that car) and Martini (Phwoargh!). I've a night-in this evening, but am spoilt for choice when it comes to having a drink with my TV dinner.
Shame I didn't get an invite from a water company...
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends