Blog: Down and out in ... well, just London
Olly Wehring | 5 June 2008
Despite the jet-setting coming to an end – Brazil and Russia sandwiching the London International Wine Fair last month – we've still managed to keep ourselves in trouble with plenty of fun on the home front.
Last week, we were on a wet and windy boat on the Thames in London, to witness the launch of Carlsberg's Draughtmaster Professional System in the UK.
This week, we've already had a marvellous dinner, courtesy of Pernod Ricard, to celebrate the UK release of the Jameson Premium Collection, as well as a bellyfull of free beer courtesy of Cobra who unveiled their latest UK-wide advertising campaign (on the same day, peculiarly, that just-drinks discovered how the company has been performing of late.
The award for swankiest do of the week, however, has to go to Martini, who celebrated the UK release of Martini Rosato with a plush party, hosted by the pretty hot Natalie Imbruglia, at Kensington Roof Gardens last night.
Thanks, then, go out to the folk at Carlsberg (where's my Liverpool season ticket? Eh?), Jameson (sorry we broke both bowling lanes), Cobra (I want a ride in that car) and Martini (Phwoargh!). I've a night-in this evening, but am spoilt for choice when it comes to having a drink with my TV dinner.
Shame I didn't get an invite from a water company...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends