Blog: Down and out in ... well, just London
Olly Wehring | 5 June 2008
Despite the jet-setting coming to an end – Brazil and Russia sandwiching the London International Wine Fair last month – we've still managed to keep ourselves in trouble with plenty of fun on the home front.
Last week, we were on a wet and windy boat on the Thames in London, to witness the launch of Carlsberg's Draughtmaster Professional System in the UK.
This week, we've already had a marvellous dinner, courtesy of Pernod Ricard, to celebrate the UK release of the Jameson Premium Collection, as well as a bellyfull of free beer courtesy of Cobra who unveiled their latest UK-wide advertising campaign (on the same day, peculiarly, that just-drinks discovered how the company has been performing of late.
The award for swankiest do of the week, however, has to go to Martini, who celebrated the UK release of Martini Rosato with a plush party, hosted by the pretty hot Natalie Imbruglia, at Kensington Roof Gardens last night.
Thanks, then, go out to the folk at Carlsberg (where's my Liverpool season ticket? Eh?), Jameson (sorry we broke both bowling lanes), Cobra (I want a ride in that car) and Martini (Phwoargh!). I've a night-in this evening, but am spoilt for choice when it comes to having a drink with my TV dinner.
Shame I didn't get an invite from a water company...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends