Blog: Down and out in ... well, just London
Olly Wehring | 5 June 2008
Despite the jet-setting coming to an end – Brazil and Russia sandwiching the London International Wine Fair last month – we've still managed to keep ourselves in trouble with plenty of fun on the home front.
Last week, we were on a wet and windy boat on the Thames in London, to witness the launch of Carlsberg's Draughtmaster Professional System in the UK.
This week, we've already had a marvellous dinner, courtesy of Pernod Ricard, to celebrate the UK release of the Jameson Premium Collection, as well as a bellyfull of free beer courtesy of Cobra who unveiled their latest UK-wide advertising campaign (on the same day, peculiarly, that just-drinks discovered how the company has been performing of late.
The award for swankiest do of the week, however, has to go to Martini, who celebrated the UK release of Martini Rosato with a plush party, hosted by the pretty hot Natalie Imbruglia, at Kensington Roof Gardens last night.
Thanks, then, go out to the folk at Carlsberg (where's my Liverpool season ticket? Eh?), Jameson (sorry we broke both bowling lanes), Cobra (I want a ride in that car) and Martini (Phwoargh!). I've a night-in this evening, but am spoilt for choice when it comes to having a drink with my TV dinner.
Shame I didn't get an invite from a water company...
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends