Blog: Double Diageo
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 September 2003
Given they have had to integrate the Seagram business during the toughest of years, Diageo's achievement of growth, though not near the levels two years ago, is still worthy of applause.
The most interesting comments from CEO Paul Walsh concerned Diageo's changing perception of the RTD market. Gone are the days of stellar growth. And although he would not be drawn on specific questions concerning growth rates in the UK and US, he did say that the company believed, globally, its RTD brands would grow at the same sort of rates as the parent spirits brands.
How this will change the company's strategy towards its RTDs, which require high levels of innovation, renovation and investment remains to be seen.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends