Blog: Does Oscar glory beckon for 'Mr Heineken'?
Andy Morton | 23 February 2015
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role. For last night's ceremony, Diageo was the official spirits sponsor of the after-show party while Piper-Heidsieck made sure its Champagnes received their share of the stardust.
Next year, though, Heineken may well find itself centre stage. 'Kidnapping Mr Heineken' is the story of how Freddy Heineken, the Dutch brewer's CEO from 1971 to 1989, was taken hostage and ransomed for an attempted NLG35m (about EUR16m). The film, which is due out in the US next month, stars Anthony Hopkins as Freddy Heineken. As Hopkins already has one of those famous gold statues, who's to say his latest role won't land him another?
The trailer for the movie was released last month, so you can judge for yourself if he stands a chance.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Yesterday, Remy Cointreau posted a strong jump in YTD sales driven by impressive Cognac Q3 performances in China and the US. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits