Blog: Does Oscar glory beckon for 'Mr Heineken'?
Andy Morton | 23 February 2015
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role. For last night's ceremony, Diageo was the official spirits sponsor of the after-show party while Piper-Heidsieck made sure its Champagnes received their share of the stardust.
Next year, though, Heineken may well find itself centre stage. 'Kidnapping Mr Heineken' is the story of how Freddy Heineken, the Dutch brewer's CEO from 1971 to 1989, was taken hostage and ransomed for an attempted NLG35m (about EUR16m). The film, which is due out in the US next month, stars Anthony Hopkins as Freddy Heineken. As Hopkins already has one of those famous gold statues, who's to say his latest role won't land him another?
The trailer for the movie was released last month, so you can judge for yourself if he stands a chance.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
UK brewer Fuller's has become the latest company to roll out cider in cans. ...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World