Blog: Does Oscar glory beckon for 'Mr Heineken'?
Andy Morton | 23 February 2015
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role. For last night's ceremony, Diageo was the official spirits sponsor of the after-show party while Piper-Heidsieck made sure its Champagnes received their share of the stardust.
Next year, though, Heineken may well find itself centre stage. 'Kidnapping Mr Heineken' is the story of how Freddy Heineken, the Dutch brewer's CEO from 1971 to 1989, was taken hostage and ransomed for an attempted NLG35m (about EUR16m). The film, which is due out in the US next month, stars Anthony Hopkins as Freddy Heineken. As Hopkins already has one of those famous gold statues, who's to say his latest role won't land him another?
The trailer for the movie was released last month, so you can judge for yourself if he stands a chance.
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director