Blog: Does Oscar glory beckon for 'Mr Heineken'?
Andy Morton | 23 February 2015
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role. For last night's ceremony, Diageo was the official spirits sponsor of the after-show party while Piper-Heidsieck made sure its Champagnes received their share of the stardust.
Next year, though, Heineken may well find itself centre stage. 'Kidnapping Mr Heineken' is the story of how Freddy Heineken, the Dutch brewer's CEO from 1971 to 1989, was taken hostage and ransomed for an attempted NLG35m (about EUR16m). The film, which is due out in the US next month, stars Anthony Hopkins as Freddy Heineken. As Hopkins already has one of those famous gold statues, who's to say his latest role won't land him another?
The trailer for the movie was released last month, so you can judge for yourself if he stands a chance.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the nation-wide launch of US beer brand Bud Light....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends