Blog: Documentary set to take a swipe at Fiji Water
Michelle Russell | 20 June 2011
Here in the UK, Channel Four is to screen a documentary this evening on US bottled water firm Fiji Water.
According to The Telegraph newspaper, the programme, made by the Dispatches documentary team, will question the company's environmental credentials - something the firm has built its success on.
The programme claims that Fiji has not planted all the trees it had promised and that delivering a litre of its bottled water "emits hundreds of times as much greenhouse gas as a litre of tap water", the paper said.
It will be interesting to see exactly what the documentary does claim. It sounds very much like another environmental attack on the bottled water industry.
While, in the last few decades, the bottled water industry has gone from a business prospect that few took seriously to a global industry worth billions of dollars, campaigners have raised concerns about the environmental impact of bottled water. This, coupled with profitability issues, has made it a difficult industry to survive in.
The Dispatches programme will air at 8pm BST.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends