Blog: Documentary set to take a swipe at Fiji Water
Michelle Russell | 20 June 2011
Here in the UK, Channel Four is to screen a documentary this evening on US bottled water firm Fiji Water.
According to The Telegraph newspaper, the programme, made by the Dispatches documentary team, will question the company's environmental credentials - something the firm has built its success on.
The programme claims that Fiji has not planted all the trees it had promised and that delivering a litre of its bottled water "emits hundreds of times as much greenhouse gas as a litre of tap water", the paper said.
It will be interesting to see exactly what the documentary does claim. It sounds very much like another environmental attack on the bottled water industry.
While, in the last few decades, the bottled water industry has gone from a business prospect that few took seriously to a global industry worth billions of dollars, campaigners have raised concerns about the environmental impact of bottled water. This, coupled with profitability issues, has made it a difficult industry to survive in.
The Dispatches programme will air at 8pm BST.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research