Blog: Documentary set to take a swipe at Fiji Water
Michelle Russell | 20 June 2011
Here in the UK, Channel Four is to screen a documentary this evening on US bottled water firm Fiji Water.
According to The Telegraph newspaper, the programme, made by the Dispatches documentary team, will question the company's environmental credentials - something the firm has built its success on.
The programme claims that Fiji has not planted all the trees it had promised and that delivering a litre of its bottled water "emits hundreds of times as much greenhouse gas as a litre of tap water", the paper said.
It will be interesting to see exactly what the documentary does claim. It sounds very much like another environmental attack on the bottled water industry.
While, in the last few decades, the bottled water industry has gone from a business prospect that few took seriously to a global industry worth billions of dollars, campaigners have raised concerns about the environmental impact of bottled water. This, coupled with profitability issues, has made it a difficult industry to survive in.
The Dispatches programme will air at 8pm BST.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research