Blog: Documentary set to take a swipe at Fiji Water
Michelle Russell | 20 June 2011
Here in the UK, Channel Four is to screen a documentary this evening on US bottled water firm Fiji Water.
According to The Telegraph newspaper, the programme, made by the Dispatches documentary team, will question the company's environmental credentials - something the firm has built its success on.
The programme claims that Fiji has not planted all the trees it had promised and that delivering a litre of its bottled water "emits hundreds of times as much greenhouse gas as a litre of tap water", the paper said.
It will be interesting to see exactly what the documentary does claim. It sounds very much like another environmental attack on the bottled water industry.
While, in the last few decades, the bottled water industry has gone from a business prospect that few took seriously to a global industry worth billions of dollars, campaigners have raised concerns about the environmental impact of bottled water. This, coupled with profitability issues, has made it a difficult industry to survive in.
The Dispatches programme will air at 8pm BST.
It's yet another sign that the legal marijuana business is moving closer to the alcohol industry in the US....
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review