Blog: DND - It's World Cup Month
Olly Wehring | 8 June 2006
Starting tomorrow, for about four weeks, I, like millions of other men around the world, am not leaving the house. The lady has been advised, the boss has been told. It happens once every four years and, damn it, I’m not going to miss a second.
And I know I’m not alone, am I, gents?
So, hopefully this open letter won’t upset the Women of Wine, who have invited me to their summer party later this month, on the same evening that Holland are due to play Argentina. Thank you very much, but I shall be unable to attend.
Apparently, the Women of Wine have made a special exception this year and invited men along to their annual soiree.
Inviting them’s one thing, ladies, but actually getting them through the door during World Cup month? Well, I’d love to see THAT happen.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends