Blog: DND - It's World Cup Month
Olly Wehring | 8 June 2006
Starting tomorrow, for about four weeks, I, like millions of other men around the world, am not leaving the house. The lady has been advised, the boss has been told. It happens once every four years and, damn it, I’m not going to miss a second.
And I know I’m not alone, am I, gents?
So, hopefully this open letter won’t upset the Women of Wine, who have invited me to their summer party later this month, on the same evening that Holland are due to play Argentina. Thank you very much, but I shall be unable to attend.
Apparently, the Women of Wine have made a special exception this year and invited men along to their annual soiree.
Inviting them’s one thing, ladies, but actually getting them through the door during World Cup month? Well, I’d love to see THAT happen.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends