Blog: Divine retribution for Coke secret seller?
Olly Wehring | 7 February 2007
I guess it’s hard to feel too much sympathy for Joya Williams.
The ex-Coca-Cola secretary was found guilty late last week of trying to sell on secrets from her former employer to arch rival Pepsi. While she’s still awaiting sentence - one that could throw her in jail for up to ten years - I doubt I’d find any of you who think the courts should be too lenient on her.
But enough’s enough, surely?
On the same day that Williams was found guilty, a fire broke out in the apartment complex where she lives. The blaze, thought to have been started by an unattended candle, destroyed several apartments in the building.
When it rains it pours, eh?
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends