Blog: Divine retribution for Coke secret seller?
Olly Wehring | 7 February 2007
I guess it’s hard to feel too much sympathy for Joya Williams.
The ex-Coca-Cola secretary was found guilty late last week of trying to sell on secrets from her former employer to arch rival Pepsi. While she’s still awaiting sentence - one that could throw her in jail for up to ten years - I doubt I’d find any of you who think the courts should be too lenient on her.
But enough’s enough, surely?
On the same day that Williams was found guilty, a fire broke out in the apartment complex where she lives. The blaze, thought to have been started by an unattended candle, destroyed several apartments in the building.
When it rains it pours, eh?
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review