Blog: Divine retribution for Coke secret seller?
Olly Wehring | 7 February 2007
I guess it’s hard to feel too much sympathy for Joya Williams.
The ex-Coca-Cola secretary was found guilty late last week of trying to sell on secrets from her former employer to arch rival Pepsi. While she’s still awaiting sentence - one that could throw her in jail for up to ten years - I doubt I’d find any of you who think the courts should be too lenient on her.
But enough’s enough, surely?
On the same day that Williams was found guilty, a fire broke out in the apartment complex where she lives. The blaze, thought to have been started by an unattended candle, destroyed several apartments in the building.
When it rains it pours, eh?
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends