Blog: Divine retribution for Coke secret seller?
Olly Wehring | 7 February 2007
I guess it’s hard to feel too much sympathy for Joya Williams.
The ex-Coca-Cola secretary was found guilty late last week of trying to sell on secrets from her former employer to arch rival Pepsi. While she’s still awaiting sentence - one that could throw her in jail for up to ten years - I doubt I’d find any of you who think the courts should be too lenient on her.
But enough’s enough, surely?
On the same day that Williams was found guilty, a fire broke out in the apartment complex where she lives. The blaze, thought to have been started by an unattended candle, destroyed several apartments in the building.
When it rains it pours, eh?
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research