Blog: Divine retribution for Coke secret seller?
Olly Wehring | 7 February 2007
I guess it’s hard to feel too much sympathy for Joya Williams.
The ex-Coca-Cola secretary was found guilty late last week of trying to sell on secrets from her former employer to arch rival Pepsi. While she’s still awaiting sentence - one that could throw her in jail for up to ten years - I doubt I’d find any of you who think the courts should be too lenient on her.
But enough’s enough, surely?
On the same day that Williams was found guilty, a fire broke out in the apartment complex where she lives. The blaze, thought to have been started by an unattended candle, destroyed several apartments in the building.
When it rains it pours, eh?
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Where does 'craft' sit in soft drinks? - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Anheuser-Busch InBev 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Incoming Coca-Cola CEO says job cuts are coming
- Campari warns of political unease as 2016 shines
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends