Blog: Diet Coke ups fashion stakes in cola war
Michelle Russell | 13 June 2011
It was inevitable that The Coca-Cola Co would make its own style statement following the launch of PepsiCo's 'skinny' cans in the US.
PepsiCo's roll-out was made in a bid to connect better with the cola's core female market.
Coca-Cola has returned fired. After teaming up with fashion designer Karl Lagerfield to launch a range of limited edition designs for its Diet Coke bottle in the UK, it has now gone one step further.
The brand has put its name to 'Style it Light', a channel within Yahoo! UK's fashion channel. The site is part of a larger campaign designed to promote Diet Coke and Coca-Cola Light across Northwest Europe and Nordic countries.
The cola wars are back in fashion.
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report