Blog: Diet Coke - not really what it was made for
Olly Wehring | 14 June 2006
Some people believe that the amount spent by drinks companies on advertising is quite obscene. But word of mouth, as many advertising execs will readily agree, is the most powerful tool you can use to up sales.
A snowball of publicity is gathering pace online at the moment for Mentos mints and Diet Coke. Put the two together, and you have an explosive ‘firework display.’
The Wall Street Journal spoke to Coke this week, and asked them what they thought of the craze. “It’s an entertaining phenomenon,” a spokesperson for the soft drinks company told the paper. “We would hope people want to drink (Diet Coke) more than try experiments with it.”
Off the record, however, I shouldn’t be surprised if, like most five-year-olds, she said: “"Do it again! Do it again!”
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research