Blog: Diet Coke - not really what it was made for
Olly Wehring | 14 June 2006
Some people believe that the amount spent by drinks companies on advertising is quite obscene. But word of mouth, as many advertising execs will readily agree, is the most powerful tool you can use to up sales.
A snowball of publicity is gathering pace online at the moment for Mentos mints and Diet Coke. Put the two together, and you have an explosive ‘firework display.’
The Wall Street Journal spoke to Coke this week, and asked them what they thought of the craze. “It’s an entertaining phenomenon,” a spokesperson for the soft drinks company told the paper. “We would hope people want to drink (Diet Coke) more than try experiments with it.”
Off the record, however, I shouldn’t be surprised if, like most five-year-olds, she said: “"Do it again! Do it again!”
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research