Blog: Diet Coke - not really what it was made for
Olly Wehring | 14 June 2006
Some people believe that the amount spent by drinks companies on advertising is quite obscene. But word of mouth, as many advertising execs will readily agree, is the most powerful tool you can use to up sales.
A snowball of publicity is gathering pace online at the moment for Mentos mints and Diet Coke. Put the two together, and you have an explosive ‘firework display.’
The Wall Street Journal spoke to Coke this week, and asked them what they thought of the craze. “It’s an entertaining phenomenon,” a spokesperson for the soft drinks company told the paper. “We would hope people want to drink (Diet Coke) more than try experiments with it.”
Off the record, however, I shouldn’t be surprised if, like most five-year-olds, she said: “"Do it again! Do it again!”
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research