Blog: Diet Coke - not really what it was made for
Olly Wehring | 14 June 2006
Some people believe that the amount spent by drinks companies on advertising is quite obscene. But word of mouth, as many advertising execs will readily agree, is the most powerful tool you can use to up sales.
A snowball of publicity is gathering pace online at the moment for Mentos mints and Diet Coke. Put the two together, and you have an explosive ‘firework display.’
The Wall Street Journal spoke to Coke this week, and asked them what they thought of the craze. “It’s an entertaining phenomenon,” a spokesperson for the soft drinks company told the paper. “We would hope people want to drink (Diet Coke) more than try experiments with it.”
Off the record, however, I shouldn’t be surprised if, like most five-year-olds, she said: “"Do it again! Do it again!”
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits