Blog: Diddy shows he's a Diageo man with prod at Patron
James Wilmore | 19 November 2014
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila.
Combs, who agreed a JV deal with Diageo in January to acquire DeLeón, last week posted some disparaging content on his Instagram feed about Patron. In one image, Combs is pictured holding a shovel above an agave plant, with the caption: "Let's have a moment of silence for Mr. Pat Ron. Even though he was a lovely guy... HIS TIME IS UP!!!"
A similar image used the caption: “Dear Mr. Pat Ron . . . Your services will NO LONGER BE NEEDED!”
Times have changed. Combs once name-checked Patron in a verse he sang on Notorious B.I.G.’s song “Nasty Girl”. He also once posted a photo of himself receiving a bottle of the high-end Tequila from the brand's founder John Paul DeJoria, according to the website pagesix.com.
Clearly the time is right for Mr Combs to distance himself from his former favourite.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends