Blog: Diddy shows he's a Diageo man with prod at Patron
James Wilmore | 19 November 2014
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila.
Combs, who agreed a JV deal with Diageo in January to acquire DeLeón, last week posted some disparaging content on his Instagram feed about Patron. In one image, Combs is pictured holding a shovel above an agave plant, with the caption: "Let's have a moment of silence for Mr. Pat Ron. Even though he was a lovely guy... HIS TIME IS UP!!!"
A similar image used the caption: “Dear Mr. Pat Ron . . . Your services will NO LONGER BE NEEDED!”
Times have changed. Combs once name-checked Patron in a verse he sang on Notorious B.I.G.’s song “Nasty Girl”. He also once posted a photo of himself receiving a bottle of the high-end Tequila from the brand's founder John Paul DeJoria, according to the website pagesix.com.
Clearly the time is right for Mr Combs to distance himself from his former favourite.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Pernod Ricard has introduced a new Absolut vodka flavour to the US market. ...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends