Blog: Did somebody mention breakfast? Not PepsiCo's new Kickstart flavours
Andy Morton | 15 January 2014
A late breakfast
“Kickstart Your Night,” shouts the ad logo for PepsiCo's new Mountain Dew Kickstart flavours, unveiled yesterday (15 January).
But hold on, wasn't the original Kickstart marketed as a “breakfast beverage”? Perhaps PepsiCo's ad men pulled a few too many late nighters and breakfast got forgotten about.
Not so, a PepsiCo spokesperson told me. The new flavours and branding are "an expansion of the line, not a marketing change".
Whatever the reason, Kickstart has obviously not been missing out on its own fortifying breakfast as the brand has amassed US$150m in sales since its launch last February. Now that's news worth staying up late for.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Belgium brewer Duvel Moortgat is aiming to roll out the IPA version of its Vedett beer brand to the UK....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
Moet Hennessy is set to release Edition Particuliere, a super high-end Cognac that contains eaux-de-vie that is over 100 years old....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk