Blog: Did somebody mention breakfast? Not PepsiCo's new Kickstart flavours
Andy Morton | 15 January 2014
A late breakfast
“Kickstart Your Night,” shouts the ad logo for PepsiCo's new Mountain Dew Kickstart flavours, unveiled yesterday (15 January).
But hold on, wasn't the original Kickstart marketed as a “breakfast beverage”? Perhaps PepsiCo's ad men pulled a few too many late nighters and breakfast got forgotten about.
Not so, a PepsiCo spokesperson told me. The new flavours and branding are "an expansion of the line, not a marketing change".
Whatever the reason, Kickstart has obviously not been missing out on its own fortifying breakfast as the brand has amassed US$150m in sales since its launch last February. Now that's news worth staying up late for.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Pernod Ricard has launched a Travel Retail-exclusive Rioja under its Campo Viejo wine brand....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review