Blog: Did somebody mention breakfast? Not PepsiCo's new Kickstart flavours
Andy Morton | 15 January 2014
A late breakfast
“Kickstart Your Night,” shouts the ad logo for PepsiCo's new Mountain Dew Kickstart flavours, unveiled yesterday (15 January).
But hold on, wasn't the original Kickstart marketed as a “breakfast beverage”? Perhaps PepsiCo's ad men pulled a few too many late nighters and breakfast got forgotten about.
Not so, a PepsiCo spokesperson told me. The new flavours and branding are "an expansion of the line, not a marketing change".
Whatever the reason, Kickstart has obviously not been missing out on its own fortifying breakfast as the brand has amassed US$150m in sales since its launch last February. Now that's news worth staying up late for.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report