Blog: Did Cerberus Capital bid for Foster's Group wine?
Chris Mercer | 8 September 2010
US private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management has been touted as the mystery bidder for Foster's Group's wine arm, Treasury Wine Estates.
A report posted on the Wall Street Journal website today (8 September) names Cerberus Capital as the likely source of the AUD2.7bn bid for Treasury Wine Estates. The report did not cite sources.
Foster's has rejected the bid, as I'm sure you'll be aware, although the group could certainly play the development to its advantage.
Cerberus Capital was unable to immediately comment when contacted by just-drinks today. The move would mark a significant detour for a private equity company that has thus far made its name in transport-related acquisitions covering aviation and Chrysler cars.
In terms of food and drink, the group's only real claim to fame is as a franchisee of Burger King and owner of convenience stores in the UK and US.
Not that Foster's would have necessarily minded. Any interest in Treasury Wine Estates will further its cause.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research