Blog: Diageo - watering down the Guinness
Olly Wehring | 14 May 2007
A hearty thanks goes out to Diageo for taking me as their guest to Twickenham last Saturday (12 May) for the final of the Guinness Premiership rugby. By their own admission, the advertising in the hospitality suite wasn’t exactly discreet, but the looping of the TV ads stopped long enough for some entertaining banter from Austin Healy and World Cup winner Will Greenwood.
As usual, Diageo was at great pains to highlight its attempts to encourage responsible drinking among the notoriously heavy drinking rugby fraternity. What impressed me most was the availability of a free bottle of still water for every punter leaving the ground after the game (mineral water companies, take note – what a great tie-in this would be).
Naturally, I had to take a couple. It had been a very long day.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits