Blog: Diageo - watering down the Guinness
Olly Wehring | 14 May 2007
A hearty thanks goes out to Diageo for taking me as their guest to Twickenham last Saturday (12 May) for the final of the Guinness Premiership rugby. By their own admission, the advertising in the hospitality suite wasn’t exactly discreet, but the looping of the TV ads stopped long enough for some entertaining banter from Austin Healy and World Cup winner Will Greenwood.
As usual, Diageo was at great pains to highlight its attempts to encourage responsible drinking among the notoriously heavy drinking rugby fraternity. What impressed me most was the availability of a free bottle of still water for every punter leaving the ground after the game (mineral water companies, take note – what a great tie-in this would be).
Naturally, I had to take a couple. It had been a very long day.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends