Blog: Diageo takes a tumble
Olly Wehring | 14 October 2009
Shares in Diageo had dipped by nearly 3% on the London Stock Exchange by early this afternoon, following the drinks giant's trading update.
Shares slipped after Diageo said like-for-like net sales were down 6% in the first quarter of its fiscal year.
Despite a strong comparative quarter last year, the performance was worse than expected by several analysts.
Analyst group Sanford C Bernstein said in a note today: "This compares to SCBe and consensus estimates of -3%. This is significantly worse than the implied organic growth rate of -1% in Q4 FY09."
Shares in the group were down 1.5% on the New York Stock Exchange this afternoon.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends