Blog: Diageo hopes 'charity tax' gets stuck at ferry terminal
Chris Mercer | 25 August 2011
Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, has said he does not expect to give a one-off tax donation to the UK Government, as some of his counterparts in France have promised to do.
CEOs of some of France's largest companies, including Evian water producer Danone, have said that they are willing to pay a one-off tax contribution to help the country reduce its debt.
It is not clear whether this offer amounts to a personal or corporate contribution.
Either way, Diageo's CEO Paul Walsh seems in no mind to lead a similar charge in the UK. "I hope it stays that side of the [English] Channel," he told just-drinks in an interview today (25 August).
"This company pays enough tax and this individual pays enough tax and we're not going to pay any more," he said. That's that, then.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends