Blog: Diageo and its wad of cash
Chris Mercer | 26 August 2010
Diageo has built up a significant pile of cash over the last year and speculation is growing as to what the company will do with it.
Diageo had a free cashflow of GBP2bn (US$3.09bn) at the end of its most recent fiscal year. Group CEO Paul Walsh told journalists today (26 August) that the company might consider a share buy-back during the coming 12 months, should economic conditions not worsen.
What is clear, is that the company is keeping a very open mind indeed on how to "return value to shareholders" - and that is likely to fuel more speculation (like this) that the firm is on the acquisition trail.
Does Walsh have Moet Hennessy on speed dial? I hear Cognac is doing well in those emerging markets.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research