Blog: Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 September 2005
Greetings from Munich, home of the Oktoberfest, the ultimate wurst and, for this week, Drinktec 2005.
This fair, covering beverage and liquid food technology, has come round again, and just-drinks is here to give you the inside track on what´s hot and what´s not in the technical area of our industry. And, oh my, it´s big.
The New Munich Trade Fair Centre has given over 12 halls to the event and, would you believe, my feet hurt after only one day here. In size terms, at least, this puts the London International Wine and Spirits Fair in the ´church fete´category.
Working bottling lines, shrink-wrap machines and, erm, hops are jostling for attention - bewildering, mesmerising and fascinating. Oh, and overwhelming.
I´m back here tomorrow to cover the remaining 90% of the place I´ve not had time to visit today. And I can assure you, it has had nothing to do with following England´s relentless march towards the Ashes from the press centre.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends