Blog: Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 September 2005
Greetings from Munich, home of the Oktoberfest, the ultimate wurst and, for this week, Drinktec 2005.
This fair, covering beverage and liquid food technology, has come round again, and just-drinks is here to give you the inside track on what´s hot and what´s not in the technical area of our industry. And, oh my, it´s big.
The New Munich Trade Fair Centre has given over 12 halls to the event and, would you believe, my feet hurt after only one day here. In size terms, at least, this puts the London International Wine and Spirits Fair in the ´church fete´category.
Working bottling lines, shrink-wrap machines and, erm, hops are jostling for attention - bewildering, mesmerising and fascinating. Oh, and overwhelming.
I´m back here tomorrow to cover the remaining 90% of the place I´ve not had time to visit today. And I can assure you, it has had nothing to do with following England´s relentless march towards the Ashes from the press centre.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends