Blog: Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 September 2005
Greetings from Munich, home of the Oktoberfest, the ultimate wurst and, for this week, Drinktec 2005.
This fair, covering beverage and liquid food technology, has come round again, and just-drinks is here to give you the inside track on what´s hot and what´s not in the technical area of our industry. And, oh my, it´s big.
The New Munich Trade Fair Centre has given over 12 halls to the event and, would you believe, my feet hurt after only one day here. In size terms, at least, this puts the London International Wine and Spirits Fair in the ´church fete´category.
Working bottling lines, shrink-wrap machines and, erm, hops are jostling for attention - bewildering, mesmerising and fascinating. Oh, and overwhelming.
I´m back here tomorrow to cover the remaining 90% of the place I´ve not had time to visit today. And I can assure you, it has had nothing to do with following England´s relentless march towards the Ashes from the press centre.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends