Blog: Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles
Chris Brook-Carter | 12 September 2005
Greetings from Munich, home of the Oktoberfest, the ultimate wurst and, for this week, Drinktec 2005.
This fair, covering beverage and liquid food technology, has come round again, and just-drinks is here to give you the inside track on what´s hot and what´s not in the technical area of our industry. And, oh my, it´s big.
The New Munich Trade Fair Centre has given over 12 halls to the event and, would you believe, my feet hurt after only one day here. In size terms, at least, this puts the London International Wine and Spirits Fair in the ´church fete´category.
Working bottling lines, shrink-wrap machines and, erm, hops are jostling for attention - bewildering, mesmerising and fascinating. Oh, and overwhelming.
I´m back here tomorrow to cover the remaining 90% of the place I´ve not had time to visit today. And I can assure you, it has had nothing to do with following England´s relentless march towards the Ashes from the press centre.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends