Blog: Defining 'cost' - The duty + VAT calculator
Olly Wehring | 21 February 2014
From early April, the Government in the UK is implementing a ban on the sale of alcohol below cost.
If, like many, you're confused about what exactly this floor will equate to, then worry no more. Hats off to Tim Wilson, who runs the Wilson Drinks Report, for coming to the rescue.
The application will give you the 'floor price' for the specific combination of drink and pack size.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
This month, Larry Nelson considers the importance of a reliable brand name for your beer. Anyone fancy a Mr Winky?...
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned