Blog: Darling, I’ve found what I want for my birthday
Chris Brook-Carter | 16 August 2005
The last few weeks have seen virtually every drinks company on the planet issue their financial results of one sort or another. Presumably, considering a few were really quite impressive, some of you out there may be in line for a bonus of sorts. If you are stuck on what to spend it on, though, then allow me to make a suggestion.
The World’s most expensive Irish malt whiskey is currently up for sale. A bottle of what is believed to be the last surviving bottle from the Nun’s Island Distillery in County Galway, southern Ireland is available to buy.
Ken Thomas, who runs a specialist drinks store in England, told Reuters last week: “This woman walked in with the bottle in an old carrier bag and said she thought it might be worth money, and the more I looked into it the more exciting it became.”
Now, I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but having whetted your appetite, take a look here.
Bear in mind that it’s been available since the beginning of June, so he may take the nearest offer.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research