Blog: Darling, I’ve found what I want for my birthday
Chris Brook-Carter | 16 August 2005
The last few weeks have seen virtually every drinks company on the planet issue their financial results of one sort or another. Presumably, considering a few were really quite impressive, some of you out there may be in line for a bonus of sorts. If you are stuck on what to spend it on, though, then allow me to make a suggestion.
The World’s most expensive Irish malt whiskey is currently up for sale. A bottle of what is believed to be the last surviving bottle from the Nun’s Island Distillery in County Galway, southern Ireland is available to buy.
Ken Thomas, who runs a specialist drinks store in England, told Reuters last week: “This woman walked in with the bottle in an old carrier bag and said she thought it might be worth money, and the more I looked into it the more exciting it became.”
Now, I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but having whetted your appetite, take a look here.
Bear in mind that it’s been available since the beginning of June, so he may take the nearest offer.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits