Blog: Darling, I’ve found what I want for my birthday
Chris Brook-Carter | 16 August 2005
The last few weeks have seen virtually every drinks company on the planet issue their financial results of one sort or another. Presumably, considering a few were really quite impressive, some of you out there may be in line for a bonus of sorts. If you are stuck on what to spend it on, though, then allow me to make a suggestion.
The World’s most expensive Irish malt whiskey is currently up for sale. A bottle of what is believed to be the last surviving bottle from the Nun’s Island Distillery in County Galway, southern Ireland is available to buy.
Ken Thomas, who runs a specialist drinks store in England, told Reuters last week: “This woman walked in with the bottle in an old carrier bag and said she thought it might be worth money, and the more I looked into it the more exciting it became.”
Now, I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but having whetted your appetite, take a look here.
Bear in mind that it’s been available since the beginning of June, so he may take the nearest offer.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends