Blog: Darling, I’ve found what I want for my birthday
Chris Brook-Carter | 16 August 2005
The last few weeks have seen virtually every drinks company on the planet issue their financial results of one sort or another. Presumably, considering a few were really quite impressive, some of you out there may be in line for a bonus of sorts. If you are stuck on what to spend it on, though, then allow me to make a suggestion.
The World’s most expensive Irish malt whiskey is currently up for sale. A bottle of what is believed to be the last surviving bottle from the Nun’s Island Distillery in County Galway, southern Ireland is available to buy.
Ken Thomas, who runs a specialist drinks store in England, told Reuters last week: “This woman walked in with the bottle in an old carrier bag and said she thought it might be worth money, and the more I looked into it the more exciting it became.”
Now, I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but having whetted your appetite, take a look here.
Bear in mind that it’s been available since the beginning of June, so he may take the nearest offer.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends