Blog: Cutting through the (Red) Bull
Olly Wehring | 10 February 2006
As a journalist with virtually daily contact with publicly-listed drinks companies around the world, I can’t tell you how often I hear the answer “We have no comment on the matter” to one or more of my questions.
Now, we here at just-drinks understand that there are some things you plc’s can and can’t say when we call you. But, thank the maker that there are still folk out there willing and able to tell it like it is.
Red Bull – we salute you.
“Among the media rubbish that has come to our ears in the 18-year-old history of our company, this takes the biscuit.” This has made my day. Thanks, guys!
Visit http://just-drinks.com/nd.asp?art=29987 to see what I’m talking about.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends