Blog: Cubanet Sauvignon
Chris Brook-Carter | 13 October 2003
Those of you who can't get enough of Ry Cooder, mojitos and habana cigars, should probably note that Cuba has now begun producing its own wines, through two joint ventures with the Cuban government and European companies from Spain and Italy.
Three years ago Bodegas del Caribe planted 22 varieties of grape brought over from Spain with the goal of adapting them to the climate and soils of the island. The result is 4,000 cases of wine which the company now sells in the island's main hotel chains and the network of stores.
There are now some predictions in local press that possibly from the next harvest the company will begin exporting to the Dominican Republic, the UK and Germany.
The part Italian-owned Bodegas San Cristobal plans its first harvest for February 2004.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research