Blog: Crowdsourcing – a billion heads are better than one
Olly Wehring | 27 March 2009
How's this for a glimpse into the direction marketing is heading in the 21st century? Say goodbye to 'outsourcing', because the future is 'crowdsourcing'.
Take a look at this website, which offers a reward (or bounty – hence the name) for ideas from the general public for marketing ideas.
Red Bull, for example, is offering US$5,000 for the winning idea which will “develop and bring to life a concept for a new Red Bull on-premise drinking ritual”.
Citing the failed example of the Jaeger Bomb, the company said it is looking for a drinking ritual “which can only include Red Bull”.
“The idea has to be fun, easy and doable in any country in any bar/club around the world,” the brief adds.
My idea of a 'Red Bull-ini' cocktail has been submitted. Wish me luck.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends