Blog: Crowdsourcing – a billion heads are better than one
Olly Wehring | 27 March 2009
How's this for a glimpse into the direction marketing is heading in the 21st century? Say goodbye to 'outsourcing', because the future is 'crowdsourcing'.
Take a look at this website, which offers a reward (or bounty – hence the name) for ideas from the general public for marketing ideas.
Red Bull, for example, is offering US$5,000 for the winning idea which will “develop and bring to life a concept for a new Red Bull on-premise drinking ritual”.
Citing the failed example of the Jaeger Bomb, the company said it is looking for a drinking ritual “which can only include Red Bull”.
“The idea has to be fun, easy and doable in any country in any bar/club around the world,” the brief adds.
My idea of a 'Red Bull-ini' cocktail has been submitted. Wish me luck.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends