Blog: Crowdsourcing – a billion heads are better than one
Olly Wehring | 27 March 2009
How's this for a glimpse into the direction marketing is heading in the 21st century? Say goodbye to 'outsourcing', because the future is 'crowdsourcing'.
Take a look at this website, which offers a reward (or bounty – hence the name) for ideas from the general public for marketing ideas.
Red Bull, for example, is offering US$5,000 for the winning idea which will “develop and bring to life a concept for a new Red Bull on-premise drinking ritual”.
Citing the failed example of the Jaeger Bomb, the company said it is looking for a drinking ritual “which can only include Red Bull”.
“The idea has to be fun, easy and doable in any country in any bar/club around the world,” the brief adds.
My idea of a 'Red Bull-ini' cocktail has been submitted. Wish me luck.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits