Blog: Crowdsourcing – a billion heads are better than one
Olly Wehring | 27 March 2009
How's this for a glimpse into the direction marketing is heading in the 21st century? Say goodbye to 'outsourcing', because the future is 'crowdsourcing'.
Take a look at this website, which offers a reward (or bounty – hence the name) for ideas from the general public for marketing ideas.
Red Bull, for example, is offering US$5,000 for the winning idea which will “develop and bring to life a concept for a new Red Bull on-premise drinking ritual”.
Citing the failed example of the Jaeger Bomb, the company said it is looking for a drinking ritual “which can only include Red Bull”.
“The idea has to be fun, easy and doable in any country in any bar/club around the world,” the brief adds.
My idea of a 'Red Bull-ini' cocktail has been submitted. Wish me luck.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends