Blog: Crowdsourcing – a billion heads are better than one
Olly Wehring | 27 March 2009
How's this for a glimpse into the direction marketing is heading in the 21st century? Say goodbye to 'outsourcing', because the future is 'crowdsourcing'.
Take a look at this website, which offers a reward (or bounty – hence the name) for ideas from the general public for marketing ideas.
Red Bull, for example, is offering US$5,000 for the winning idea which will “develop and bring to life a concept for a new Red Bull on-premise drinking ritual”.
Citing the failed example of the Jaeger Bomb, the company said it is looking for a drinking ritual “which can only include Red Bull”.
“The idea has to be fun, easy and doable in any country in any bar/club around the world,” the brief adds.
My idea of a 'Red Bull-ini' cocktail has been submitted. Wish me luck.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends