Blog: Craft still small beer compared to Coors Light
Andy Morton | 15 June 2013
Here's a quick reality check to anyone who thinks craft beer in the US is catching up with the industry's big guns.
During Molson Coors' investors day on Wednesday, CEO Peter Swinburn said last year's volume growth for the group's Coors Light brand was greater than that "of the top-ten craft brewers combined”.
Craft has about 6% of the US beer market, and is growing well ahead of the rest of the category. But judging from the above stat there is still a long way to go.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp