Blog: Craft distillers of the world unite...
James Wilmore | 16 April 2013
Craft distillers are getting evermore serious and getting together.
Trade groups exclusively representing craft producers' interests exist both sides of the Atlantic, with a new body having just popped up.
The American Craft Distillers Association has been formed this month to "promote and protect craft distilling in the United States", Modern Distillery Age reported in its latest issue. This is in addition to the American Distilling Institute, which has already existed for ten years, and claims to be the voice of "artisan distilling".
Meanwhile, in the UK, the Craft Distillers' Alliance has just appointed a chairman - Stephen Davies, MD of Welsh whisky distillery Penderyn. The group was set-up last year by whisk(e)y writer Dominic Roskrow and already numbers around 30 members.
We'll just have to see if any finger-pointing crops up over what constitutes a "craft" product, as is the case in the brewing world right now.
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages