Blog: Craft distillers of the world unite...
James Wilmore | 16 April 2013
Craft distillers are getting evermore serious and getting together.
Trade groups exclusively representing craft producers' interests exist both sides of the Atlantic, with a new body having just popped up.
The American Craft Distillers Association has been formed this month to "promote and protect craft distilling in the United States", Modern Distillery Age reported in its latest issue. This is in addition to the American Distilling Institute, which has already existed for ten years, and claims to be the voice of "artisan distilling".
Meanwhile, in the UK, the Craft Distillers' Alliance has just appointed a chairman - Stephen Davies, MD of Welsh whisky distillery Penderyn. The group was set-up last year by whisk(e)y writer Dominic Roskrow and already numbers around 30 members.
We'll just have to see if any finger-pointing crops up over what constitutes a "craft" product, as is the case in the brewing world right now.
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research