Blog: Courvoisier party poopers
Chris Mercer | 16 July 2010
The tenant of the building that housed Courvoisier's lake of Cognac has got himself into hot water with London authorities over the stunt.
Westminster City Council is after Lord Edward Davenport for illegally hiring out the building he was renting for "hedonistic parties", reports the Daily Telegraph.
It turns out that one of those 'alleged' parties was the Courvoisier event last year, which, allegedly, saw the drinks firm help to install a swimming pool of Courvoisier punch in one of the building's rooms.
just-drinks knows that this happened, because we were there. We could add that Blur band member-turned foodie hippy Alex James was floating on said swimming pool with the help of a giant inflatable orange slice.
Courvoisier is not in trouble over the incident, as far as we know, but it looks like Lord Davenport could have hosted his last party.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends