Blog: Courvoisier party poopers
Chris Mercer | 16 July 2010
The tenant of the building that housed Courvoisier's lake of Cognac has got himself into hot water with London authorities over the stunt.
Westminster City Council is after Lord Edward Davenport for illegally hiring out the building he was renting for "hedonistic parties", reports the Daily Telegraph.
It turns out that one of those 'alleged' parties was the Courvoisier event last year, which, allegedly, saw the drinks firm help to install a swimming pool of Courvoisier punch in one of the building's rooms.
just-drinks knows that this happened, because we were there. We could add that Blur band member-turned foodie hippy Alex James was floating on said swimming pool with the help of a giant inflatable orange slice.
Courvoisier is not in trouble over the incident, as far as we know, but it looks like Lord Davenport could have hosted his last party.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends