Blog: Courvoisier party poopers
Chris Mercer | 16 July 2010
The tenant of the building that housed Courvoisier's lake of Cognac has got himself into hot water with London authorities over the stunt.
Westminster City Council is after Lord Edward Davenport for illegally hiring out the building he was renting for "hedonistic parties", reports the Daily Telegraph.
It turns out that one of those 'alleged' parties was the Courvoisier event last year, which, allegedly, saw the drinks firm help to install a swimming pool of Courvoisier punch in one of the building's rooms.
just-drinks knows that this happened, because we were there. We could add that Blur band member-turned foodie hippy Alex James was floating on said swimming pool with the help of a giant inflatable orange slice.
Courvoisier is not in trouble over the incident, as far as we know, but it looks like Lord Davenport could have hosted his last party.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits