Blog: Courvoisier party poopers
Chris Mercer | 16 July 2010
The tenant of the building that housed Courvoisier's lake of Cognac has got himself into hot water with London authorities over the stunt.
Westminster City Council is after Lord Edward Davenport for illegally hiring out the building he was renting for "hedonistic parties", reports the Daily Telegraph.
It turns out that one of those 'alleged' parties was the Courvoisier event last year, which, allegedly, saw the drinks firm help to install a swimming pool of Courvoisier punch in one of the building's rooms.
just-drinks knows that this happened, because we were there. We could add that Blur band member-turned foodie hippy Alex James was floating on said swimming pool with the help of a giant inflatable orange slice.
Courvoisier is not in trouble over the incident, as far as we know, but it looks like Lord Davenport could have hosted his last party.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends