Blog: Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour
Chris Mercer | 20 December 2010
Courvoisier is rapidly making a name for itself as a specialist in off-the-wall marketing.
Last year, it was a 4,000-litre bowl of punch and a near-naked artist wrapped in clingfilm and clay. This Christmas, Courvoisier has launched its latest escapade in the streets of London by working its link with Charles Dickens. The Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour has for the last two weeks been offering an hour-long walking tour of the novelist's favourite haunts and inspirations.
All walkers have been rewarded at the end of the tour with a glass of Smoking Bishop punch, which is a reference to one of Dickens' best-known novels, A Christmas Carol.
It is another example of Courvoisier's commitment to experiential marketing and the brand is making a name for itself in this area. In this case, the group has been quick to pounce on the discovery of around 200 bottles of Cognac marked Pale Brandy F Courvoisier in Dickens' estate following his death.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015