Blog: Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour
Chris Mercer | 20 December 2010
Courvoisier is rapidly making a name for itself as a specialist in off-the-wall marketing.
Last year, it was a 4,000-litre bowl of punch and a near-naked artist wrapped in clingfilm and clay. This Christmas, Courvoisier has launched its latest escapade in the streets of London by working its link with Charles Dickens. The Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour has for the last two weeks been offering an hour-long walking tour of the novelist's favourite haunts and inspirations.
All walkers have been rewarded at the end of the tour with a glass of Smoking Bishop punch, which is a reference to one of Dickens' best-known novels, A Christmas Carol.
It is another example of Courvoisier's commitment to experiential marketing and the brand is making a name for itself in this area. In this case, the group has been quick to pounce on the discovery of around 200 bottles of Cognac marked Pale Brandy F Courvoisier in Dickens' estate following his death.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research