Blog: Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour
Chris Mercer | 20 December 2010
Courvoisier is rapidly making a name for itself as a specialist in off-the-wall marketing.
Last year, it was a 4,000-litre bowl of punch and a near-naked artist wrapped in clingfilm and clay. This Christmas, Courvoisier has launched its latest escapade in the streets of London by working its link with Charles Dickens. The Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour has for the last two weeks been offering an hour-long walking tour of the novelist's favourite haunts and inspirations.
All walkers have been rewarded at the end of the tour with a glass of Smoking Bishop punch, which is a reference to one of Dickens' best-known novels, A Christmas Carol.
It is another example of Courvoisier's commitment to experiential marketing and the brand is making a name for itself in this area. In this case, the group has been quick to pounce on the discovery of around 200 bottles of Cognac marked Pale Brandy F Courvoisier in Dickens' estate following his death.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends