Blog: Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour
Chris Mercer | 20 December 2010
Courvoisier is rapidly making a name for itself as a specialist in off-the-wall marketing.
Last year, it was a 4,000-litre bowl of punch and a near-naked artist wrapped in clingfilm and clay. This Christmas, Courvoisier has launched its latest escapade in the streets of London by working its link with Charles Dickens. The Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour has for the last two weeks been offering an hour-long walking tour of the novelist's favourite haunts and inspirations.
All walkers have been rewarded at the end of the tour with a glass of Smoking Bishop punch, which is a reference to one of Dickens' best-known novels, A Christmas Carol.
It is another example of Courvoisier's commitment to experiential marketing and the brand is making a name for itself in this area. In this case, the group has been quick to pounce on the discovery of around 200 bottles of Cognac marked Pale Brandy F Courvoisier in Dickens' estate following his death.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends