Blog: Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour
Chris Mercer | 20 December 2010
Courvoisier is rapidly making a name for itself as a specialist in off-the-wall marketing.
Last year, it was a 4,000-litre bowl of punch and a near-naked artist wrapped in clingfilm and clay. This Christmas, Courvoisier has launched its latest escapade in the streets of London by working its link with Charles Dickens. The Courvoisier Dickens Punch Tour has for the last two weeks been offering an hour-long walking tour of the novelist's favourite haunts and inspirations.
All walkers have been rewarded at the end of the tour with a glass of Smoking Bishop punch, which is a reference to one of Dickens' best-known novels, A Christmas Carol.
It is another example of Courvoisier's commitment to experiential marketing and the brand is making a name for itself in this area. In this case, the group has been quick to pounce on the discovery of around 200 bottles of Cognac marked Pale Brandy F Courvoisier in Dickens' estate following his death.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US