Blog: Corporate response to Haiti
Olly Wehring | 20 January 2010
In the wake of the Haiti earthquake last week, estimated to have killed as many as 200,000, just-drinks has published a piece on corporate help for the disaster relief effort.
Drinks firms, alongside companies from many other industries, have flocked to donate time and money to the relief effort. I'm sure there are more of you than we had space to mention here.
While the contribution is largely auxilliary, often in tandem with NGOs, just-drinks applauds those who have made an effort.
It is now commonplace for corporate social responsibility strategies to incorporate disaster planning.
And this goes further than public relations stunts. Global companies have a need to reassure employees and customers in all their business regions that they will respond.
Often private enterprise has a better logistics setup than Government, particularly in poorer countries. The Coca-Cola Co's distribution system is one of the best examples of this.
The key for companies is to work out the best way for them to help, rather than helping to create chaos via isolated relief strategies.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits