Blog: Corporate response to Haiti
Olly Wehring | 20 January 2010
In the wake of the Haiti earthquake last week, estimated to have killed as many as 200,000, just-drinks has published a piece on corporate help for the disaster relief effort.
Drinks firms, alongside companies from many other industries, have flocked to donate time and money to the relief effort. I'm sure there are more of you than we had space to mention here.
While the contribution is largely auxilliary, often in tandem with NGOs, just-drinks applauds those who have made an effort.
It is now commonplace for corporate social responsibility strategies to incorporate disaster planning.
And this goes further than public relations stunts. Global companies have a need to reassure employees and customers in all their business regions that they will respond.
Often private enterprise has a better logistics setup than Government, particularly in poorer countries. The Coca-Cola Co's distribution system is one of the best examples of this.
The key for companies is to work out the best way for them to help, rather than helping to create chaos via isolated relief strategies.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends