Blog: Coors UK - so much to answer for
Olly Wehring | 28 February 2007
Skiving at work - it’s not the sort of thing I should really be discussing in this blog, so I’ll put this more diplomatically.
Whilst typing my fingers into stumps for the good of the global drinks industry today, my eye was caught by a pop-up telling me I had received an email from Grolsch. “How exciting,” I thought. And I was proved right in my exuberance, when I was invited to play a little game with what was called the “green Grolsch ball of energy”. A couple of attempts at this game made me realise that work-time was not the time to play games, so I put it to one side and continued churning out Pulitzer-winning journalism.
Thirty seconds later, another email - this time, Coors asking me if I’d like to have a go on its ice hockey game. “Alright,” I said. “Just a quick game.” A score of zero told me, again, that this would require a lot more practice later.
So if tomorrow’s just-drinks output is minimal and shaky, you can blame Coors UK - the owner of both Grolsch and Coors here in the UK - it has nothing to do with me.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts