Blog: Coors UK - so much to answer for
Olly Wehring | 28 February 2007
Skiving at work - it’s not the sort of thing I should really be discussing in this blog, so I’ll put this more diplomatically.
Whilst typing my fingers into stumps for the good of the global drinks industry today, my eye was caught by a pop-up telling me I had received an email from Grolsch. “How exciting,” I thought. And I was proved right in my exuberance, when I was invited to play a little game with what was called the “green Grolsch ball of energy”. A couple of attempts at this game made me realise that work-time was not the time to play games, so I put it to one side and continued churning out Pulitzer-winning journalism.
Thirty seconds later, another email - this time, Coors asking me if I’d like to have a go on its ice hockey game. “Alright,” I said. “Just a quick game.” A score of zero told me, again, that this would require a lot more practice later.
So if tomorrow’s just-drinks output is minimal and shaky, you can blame Coors UK - the owner of both Grolsch and Coors here in the UK - it has nothing to do with me.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row