Blog: Coors UK - so much to answer for
Olly Wehring | 28 February 2007
Skiving at work - it’s not the sort of thing I should really be discussing in this blog, so I’ll put this more diplomatically.
Whilst typing my fingers into stumps for the good of the global drinks industry today, my eye was caught by a pop-up telling me I had received an email from Grolsch. “How exciting,” I thought. And I was proved right in my exuberance, when I was invited to play a little game with what was called the “green Grolsch ball of energy”. A couple of attempts at this game made me realise that work-time was not the time to play games, so I put it to one side and continued churning out Pulitzer-winning journalism.
Thirty seconds later, another email - this time, Coors asking me if I’d like to have a go on its ice hockey game. “Alright,” I said. “Just a quick game.” A score of zero told me, again, that this would require a lot more practice later.
So if tomorrow’s just-drinks output is minimal and shaky, you can blame Coors UK - the owner of both Grolsch and Coors here in the UK - it has nothing to do with me.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends