Blog: Coors UK - so much to answer for
Olly Wehring | 28 February 2007
Skiving at work - it’s not the sort of thing I should really be discussing in this blog, so I’ll put this more diplomatically.
Whilst typing my fingers into stumps for the good of the global drinks industry today, my eye was caught by a pop-up telling me I had received an email from Grolsch. “How exciting,” I thought. And I was proved right in my exuberance, when I was invited to play a little game with what was called the “green Grolsch ball of energy”. A couple of attempts at this game made me realise that work-time was not the time to play games, so I put it to one side and continued churning out Pulitzer-winning journalism.
Thirty seconds later, another email - this time, Coors asking me if I’d like to have a go on its ice hockey game. “Alright,” I said. “Just a quick game.” A score of zero told me, again, that this would require a lot more practice later.
So if tomorrow’s just-drinks output is minimal and shaky, you can blame Coors UK - the owner of both Grolsch and Coors here in the UK - it has nothing to do with me.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits