Blog: Coors boss learns a hard lesson
Olly Wehring | 29 August 2006
Pete Coors, chairman of US beer giant Coors Brewing, faces the indignity of lessons on alcohol education after reportedly pleading guilty last week to driving while impaired.
His plea - which is believed to have been against the advice of his lawyer - follows his arrest on drink-driving charges in May.
Mr. Coors faces 24 hours of community service and the uncomfortable prospect of sitting on a panel sponsored by Mothers Against Drunk Driving, a US activist group that lobbies hard to stop what it calls “the violent crime” of drunk driving.
He is reported to have pleaded guilty to driving while impaired to spare any further embarrassment to him and his company.
Just last month, Mr. Coors seemed intent on prolonging the embarrassment when he pleaded his innocence to charges under the influence.
The stance seemed all the more confusing when he very publicly admitted that he had “made a mistake” when he drove himself home after leaving a friend’s wedding reception. Both parties will be hopeful the move draws the whole sorry episode to a close.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages