Blog: Constellation's Sands looks to the stars
James Wilmore | 5 June 2013
This is all from the fall-out of Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20.1bn acquisition of Modelo, which completed yesterday.
A very relaxed Rob Sands, Constellation's CEO, gave an interview to CNBC shortly after the news broke yesterday. He confirmed that his company will effectively double in size as a result of the transactions and promised there will be "no job cuts" or "streamlining".
Expect corks to be popping left, right and centre at Constellation towers on Friday.
To view the Sands interview, click here
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned