Blog: Constellation's CEO looks to the stars for Christmas
James Wilmore | 13 December 2013
Constellation Brands CEO Rob Sands appears a happy man right now. His company took full control of Grupo Modelo's US beer business in the US earlier this year and now the holiday season is just round the corner, when sales should soar.
Sands, whose company also operates in the wine and spirits sector, spoke to CNBC about the prospects for the season and in the process managed to namecheck many of the group's brands. He also reflected on why the drinks industry is a "recession resistant" business and explained why millennials - 21-36 year-olds - are a "key demographic" for Constellation.
To view the interview, click here
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US