Blog: Constellation, Modelo retake vows
Chris Mercer | 29 October 2010
Constellation Brands and Grupo Modelo have kissed and made up, so it looks like Crown Imports will be sticking around.
Constellation and Modelo said today that they have settled their legal dispute over marketing funds for the Crown Imports beer venture in the US. The 50-50 venture imports Modelo's Corona lager among others.
It looked as if the venture might be coming to a premature end (it runs until 2016) when Modelo signalled that it would sue its partner at the end of 2009. But, today, everyone is back in bed.
Constellation has repeatedly called the dispute "financially immaterial" and it looks as though the two firms will, afterall, continue to work together.
The most likely alternative for Modelo, assuming it could have afforded the Crown Imports cancellation fees, would have been a deal with Anheuser-Busch InBev. The Budweiser brewer holds a 50% non-controlling stake in Modelo.
However, Modelo's controlling families don't have a lot of love for A-B InBev, as they proved in the UK recently by snubbing the group in favour of rival Molson Coors.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends