Blog: Concha y Toro and Manchester United's wine aficionado
Olly Wehring | 18 May 2010
You may have seen today (18 May) that Concha y Toro is to become the official wine of Manchester United football club later this year.
The Red Devil's manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, is known to be quite a wine buff, regularly sharing a post-match bottle with his opposing managers in his office.
“I'm delighted to be working with Concha y Toro,” he said today. “Like United, it's a company with a lot of history that, while never afraid to change, has always kept hold of its roots. This is a partnership that unites the two great passions in Latin America: football and wine. I'm looking forward to it.”
What other managers might say if Ferguson produces a bottle of Concha y Toro after the match, unfortunately, was not reported.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research