Blog: Concha y Toro and Manchester United's wine aficionado
Olly Wehring | 18 May 2010
You may have seen today (18 May) that Concha y Toro is to become the official wine of Manchester United football club later this year.
The Red Devil's manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, is known to be quite a wine buff, regularly sharing a post-match bottle with his opposing managers in his office.
“I'm delighted to be working with Concha y Toro,” he said today. “Like United, it's a company with a lot of history that, while never afraid to change, has always kept hold of its roots. This is a partnership that unites the two great passions in Latin America: football and wine. I'm looking forward to it.”
What other managers might say if Ferguson produces a bottle of Concha y Toro after the match, unfortunately, was not reported.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research