Blog: Coming to you live from LIWSF III
Olly Wehring | 17 May 2006
Midway through day two (of three) here at ExCel, and the lack of hangovers on the floor is really quite refreshing – if those ‘drink responsibly’ tags can work on drinks executives… One ugly moment last night at the nearest bar, however, when someone had to be manhandled outside by two bouncers, however, suggests that the message hasn’t got through to everyone.
The good news is that the air conditioning has kicked in after yesterday’s sweat-fest. Apparently the main unit was hit by a lorry prior to the show – a lorry with Bordeaux number plates, I’ll wager.
Today’s highlights for us include a chat with the general manager of Argentina’s largest wine producer, Grupo Peñaflor. Jorge Arpi’s optimistic comments are in keeping with his compadres whom I met last month (did I mention I went to Argentina in April?). As for his frank comments on the global consolidation that, so far, has passed his home country by, well, you’ll just have to wait for my management briefing in July.
Meanwhile, I’ve stayed off the booze and plumped for what one attendee has described as “the Champagne of sparkling water” from Voss – a brutal plug, I know, but a man’s got to drink something.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends