Blog: Coming Soon... to a computer screen near you
Olly Wehring | 22 March 2006
Some of you, particularly those with functioning memories (unlike me) will remember hearing a distant fanfare being trumpeted by the former editor of just-drinks, Chris Brook-Carter, on his move upstairs last year.
CBC promised you, dear reader, so much more from just-drinks in the future, but at the time was conservative with the detail. Well, having made the hot-seat here at just-drinks well and truly mine in the last six months – I’ve even stencilled my name on the back – I am now able to give you just a little bit more info.
This month will see the unveiling of a brand new look for the Website you know and love. Our technical team have been working all hours to produce what I can safely say is a stunning looking site that will help you get to the information you need faster, easier, and happier.
The new design will still have the same quality - and quantity - of global news coverage, but with added comment and analysis from those that are in the know. Our columnists will sift through the PR spin and give you what’s what, while our run of high-up interviewees will continue to deliver the personalities you want to hear from. We’ll be introducing factsheets, a new, improved search facility and news and features by category. There’ll also be a redesigned daily newsletter, which will allow you to choose what sort of news you want to get and when you want to get it.
So, forgive the excitement here, and watch this space, as soon you will see the fruits of our labours. I’m sure that you will agree it has been worth the wait (and the fanfare).
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020