Blog: Coming at you live
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 March 2004
As Scotch seems to be making the big news today, now might be a good time to say that I attended the fourth year of Whisky Live on Friday at the Royal Horticultural Halls near Victoria.
The great news was that the show was packed out - sold out, in fact, over its two days. Given that it attracted only a few hundred people in its first year, including exhibitors, it’s a great testimony to organiser Whisky Magazine's faith in its vision.
Tasting scores of whiskies in one afternoon is, of course, not as easy as wines, which is what detractors of such an event have argued in the past. But, as Whisky Live has shown, the Scotch industry, like any other, still needs a forum to show off its wares, get together under one roof and socialise.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits