Blog: Coming at you live
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 March 2004
As Scotch seems to be making the big news today, now might be a good time to say that I attended the fourth year of Whisky Live on Friday at the Royal Horticultural Halls near Victoria.
The great news was that the show was packed out - sold out, in fact, over its two days. Given that it attracted only a few hundred people in its first year, including exhibitors, it’s a great testimony to organiser Whisky Magazine's faith in its vision.
Tasting scores of whiskies in one afternoon is, of course, not as easy as wines, which is what detractors of such an event have argued in the past. But, as Whisky Live has shown, the Scotch industry, like any other, still needs a forum to show off its wares, get together under one roof and socialise.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends