Blog: Coming at you live
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 March 2004
As Scotch seems to be making the big news today, now might be a good time to say that I attended the fourth year of Whisky Live on Friday at the Royal Horticultural Halls near Victoria.
The great news was that the show was packed out - sold out, in fact, over its two days. Given that it attracted only a few hundred people in its first year, including exhibitors, it’s a great testimony to organiser Whisky Magazine's faith in its vision.
Tasting scores of whiskies in one afternoon is, of course, not as easy as wines, which is what detractors of such an event have argued in the past. But, as Whisky Live has shown, the Scotch industry, like any other, still needs a forum to show off its wares, get together under one roof and socialise.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends