Blog: Coming at you live
Chris Brook-Carter | 9 March 2004
As Scotch seems to be making the big news today, now might be a good time to say that I attended the fourth year of Whisky Live on Friday at the Royal Horticultural Halls near Victoria.
The great news was that the show was packed out - sold out, in fact, over its two days. Given that it attracted only a few hundred people in its first year, including exhibitors, it’s a great testimony to organiser Whisky Magazine's faith in its vision.
Tasting scores of whiskies in one afternoon is, of course, not as easy as wines, which is what detractors of such an event have argued in the past. But, as Whisky Live has shown, the Scotch industry, like any other, still needs a forum to show off its wares, get together under one roof and socialise.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Campari’s H1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research